DrunkenFish Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is where you will find all the news and updates regarding DFE and our various projects, such as Jedi Love, and our more serious ventures and Podcasts.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TaraTheTaz
Admin

Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME   Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 2:27 am

I keep my wits about me as I decide that I should probably start running towards my objective. Sure, the ship's sensors told me that there weren't any life signs near by, but after the screeching of the door, I probably attracted someone or something's attention. I still look around to figure out where the stairs to a lower level is. Maybe then, I could descend the stairs at least semi-silently without falling down who knows how many stairs.
Back to top Go down
Jedireaper
Admin
Jedireaper

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME   Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 3:16 am

You are in a dark hallway. There are many doorways leading off, but it appears at least at first glance that this hallways doesn't go anywhere.

GM note: Please remember that Observation rolls must be requestion or else you will rely on passive observation. At the very least, I believe you are carrying a torch or glow-rod, or a chronomatic-light-emitter (torch), then at least you'll see where you are going, as right now you are stumbling around a dark hallway, which will add a bigger penalty to movement rolls, and your risk tripping and take fall damage. BTW I should have mentioned this before. Certain damage wears off over time, like concussion, and ear ringing, and headaches ect. Cuts and grazes that aren't major have the capacity to be healed. Also all the stealth rolls are making it a lot harder for you to successfully move about this damaged environment, you have been lucky so far with all the debris everywhere... it is adding a difficulty to pretty much each movement turn (though not quite considered a turn, more so- movement within reason), and if you keep it up, you may also tire out. Think of this as more real life as much as possible, any challenge or enemies you encounter you must consider a serious threat. I don;t want to to fall down a BIG HOLE because you decided to wonder around in the dark. Just take this as an- informative warning.
Back to top Go down
https://drunkenfish.darkbb.com
Jedireaper
Admin
Jedireaper

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME   Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 3:36 am

The hallway appears to be a turbolift bank, long disused. You don't find any stairs. There are doors at each end of the hallway, apparently this is the centre of the tower.
Back to top Go down
TaraTheTaz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME   Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 3:45 am

Surrounded by the darkness, I grab the torch out of my explorer's kit and make my way through the corridors. Not quite running, but trying to get through the corridor as fast as I could. I know that someone or something heard that door, even though the sensors said that there were no one in the immediate area. Still, who knows if someone left ways of knowing when someone else was on the surface. After all, the Jedi Temple was a pretty important location. Especially with the Emperor turning it into his home of sorts. In such a well-known locale, someone had to have left behind a way of knowing when someone is sneaking in unannounced. I recall the location of the reading within the tower, knowing I still have to make my way down to a lower level, which meant finding a way down the tower. Hopefully, a way which didn't require climbing. That could be annoying. But what I should be focusing on is getting to the lower level.

What I wound up finding was a turbolift bank which is clearly in a state of disuse. It is likely that such a tower such as this never had stairs and had relied on the turbolifts which were no longer working. Which meant that I might just be able to find an access ladder built into the turbolift tubes for when the turbolifts weren't working and someone needed to access the machinery to repair the turbolifts. If that was the case, it is unknown how far the access ladder would go. Assuming that I could get the turbolift door open first. I look at the controls to figure out how to open the door since there had to be a way to open it up in an emergency. Like an emergency door opening mechanism.
Back to top Go down
Jedireaper
Admin
Jedireaper

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME   Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 3:54 am

One of the turbolift doors is partly adjacent. You can hear a odd creaking from the shaft itself, the control panel seems to but non-functional.
Back to top Go down
TaraTheTaz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME   Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 4:06 am

I see that the turbolift doors are bent to an angle and were ajar. I sigh, knowing that it looks like I'm going to have to push the doors open again. If no one really is around, no one would really care how many doors I push open. I get the electric light source's handle in my mouth so I still have some light as I try to push the doors open with a grunt, feeling my muscles fight the metal, causing strain. I just hope that I can get the doors opened.
Back to top Go down
Jedireaper
Admin
Jedireaper

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME   Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 4:11 am

You slide the door open surprisingly easily, having expected the door to be harder to open in fact, so easily you have lost your balance and you are about to head literally head first into the turbo shaft itself.
Back to top Go down
TaraTheTaz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME   Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 3:36 am

I attempt to grab onto anything I can cling to in order to keep me from falling to what I'd assume to be my death.

((Yes, asking for a roll here to avoid dying))
Back to top Go down
Jedireaper
Admin
Jedireaper

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME   Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 4:43 am

(Whats your characters name again?)

You twist and reach for the door frame, and you grip for it tightly, but your hand clutches at empty air as you fall into the shaft.

That was a really bad roll.

Feel free to try anything within reason for a skilled person with perhaps some control over the Force might be able to do. If you cannot think of exactly how to do something I can happily go on on just your intent.

You have fallen at least a floor and a half. You were most of the way up the spire so you have I guess, plenty of time till you hit what may be the bottom (if it goes straight down that is).
Back to top Go down
TaraTheTaz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME   Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 7:38 am

(Lizbeth Starrider)

I try to use a grappling hook to attach it to something, anything to get stopped and perhaps reach the access ladder from the rope-like cord.
Back to top Go down
Jedireaper
Admin
Jedireaper

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME   Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 3:48 pm

You fall five more levels by the time you have the grappling hook out of the kit, and you fall another three as you insert it into it's launcher. You pass by two more levels as you aim the grappling hook up and fire off and angled shot towards the rapidly passing levels.

Good rolls.

The grapple catches on a strut and the chord begins to reach the end of it's tether as you have fallen an additional eight floors.

Back to top Go down
TaraTheTaz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME   Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:07 pm

I make sure that the sudden jolt doesn't cause me to lose my grip nor my circulation to my hand as I try to figure out how many floors down I am. I know I fell about five floors as I grab the grappling hook plus three as I inserted it into the launcher, two more as I aimed, plus the last eight. That makes eighteen if I did my math right and if I had counted right. I try to recall how many floors I needed to descend to get to the relic that may not even exist as I look around for an access ladder to swing to. Or maybe a door. Anything at this point.

((Perception roll to spot anything to swing to before I lose my grip or my circulation.))
Back to top Go down
Jedireaper
Admin
Jedireaper

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME   Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:56 pm

You don't have any kind of schematic of the tower, and the faint energy reading may be nothing, but you recall it being just below the base of the tower.

With a jolt, you come to a stop... you are a few too many levels further down that you are able to be sure of, they had passed so fast...

You thought in the second after the jolt and the sound of wind had died from her ears, she could hear something oddly mechanical high up above in the shaft, very distant, but it went quiet immediately afterwards.

There are evenly spaced levels all the way along plus side sections where the lifts would swap paths, and an access and maintenance ladder .

With the jolt, you have now swung even with the shaft wall ,a dn are now right beside one of these level exits.
Back to top Go down
TaraTheTaz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME   Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 10:10 pm

Knowing I have to keep going down to the base of the tower itself, I attempt to swing over to the access and maintenance ladder. Or at least I ponder it. There is the matter of the sound of something mechanical above. Was it the turbolift itself? Was it still up there and about to plummet downwards? It was clear through that sound that it would clearly be too dangerous to stay in the shaft. I would have to reach the door to the level, open it, and then enter that level and maybe then, I could find stairs or something leading down which would be safer than climbing in a turbolift shaft or outside the building itself and being tossed about by winds. So I decided to get to the level exit, open the door and then enter that level.

((Swinging over to the level exit, then opening door.))
Back to top Go down
Jedireaper
Admin
Jedireaper

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME   Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:14 am

Okay.

I am going to say all you rolls were successful, and you have climbed up onto the ledge, have pushed open the door and are now standing in a similar hallway to before, and dark too.
Back to top Go down
TaraTheTaz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME   Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:21 am

I turn on a light and look around as I venture through the dark corridors, looking for another route down to the area below the tower. Perhaps an actual stairwell that was safe.

((Perception roll please.))
Back to top Go down
Jedireaper
Admin
Jedireaper

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME   Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:36 am

Perception roll : 6 Very Happy !!

You are an a dark, yet artistically styled hallway similar to the one you left moments ago, but different at the same time, serves as the turbolift lobby to this level of the tower, you notice how the sleek architecture directly contrasts with the forcefully installed Imperial oval wall lights and how this particular hallway showed evidence of a blaster fight, the dust on the floor also indicated that the fight was long ago. There are pillars spaced evenly beside each doorway entrance on one side, and you notice the other side lacks entrance ways....

As you walk and search with your light, you spot a large grandiose oak-wood door towards the centre on the bare side. Certainly not an entrance to a stairwell.

You notice at this point that there are in fact tracks in the dust, but these tracks themselves were dust covered, blending them in withe the marbled pattern on the floor, and indicating that they were made long ago.

Something catches your eye in the reflected light from your CLE, something small and glinting on the floor over towards the door.

You are getting an eerie feeling in your mind similar to earlier, your skin is beginning to prickle, and the air around you seems to be getting colder.
Back to top Go down
TaraTheTaz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME   Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:19 am

I try to push this sensation out of my mind. 'Just because this place has been abandoned for who knows how long doesn't mean my mind has to play tricks on me,' I thought to myself as I chuckle at the overreaction to being in an abandoned tower. But still, the glint on the floor near the door is curious. Perhaps there's something behind that door? I look to make sure that I can open it before I even try. If it does look like it could be open it, I'll open it.

((Check to see if I can open the door/if the door can be opened, then if so, I will open the door.))
Back to top Go down
Jedireaper
Admin
Jedireaper

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME   Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:31 am

You walk towards the door, the air around you is getting colder and you notice it is getting harder to move, you are starting to feel drained of your energy, your lungs seem to be tightening. You can see your breath.

You will need to make Force stamina rolls to continue onwards in either direction at difficulty of minus 4 towards, or minus 3 to escape.

(there is some writers lee-way here this is something I created myself based on something that is not quite Star Wars)
Back to top Go down
TaraTheTaz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME   Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:27 pm

I move the torch around to see what glinted off the light as I inch further into the room.

(roll whatever to do so)
Back to top Go down
Jedireaper
Admin
Jedireaper

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME   Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:47 am

With a roll of 4 on Force resistance, you just scrape the barrel and push yourself forward but you fall your your knees under the strain. You can now reach the shiny ball on the floor, but that is not what has your attention. Three inches from the ball is an upturned hand. As you look on-

Perception roll. 5.

-from your kneeling position your run the touch up the arm to a slumped and you can only assume dead figure, resting against the pillar beside the large oak door with a large gash across his chest up through his left cheek and eye socket (or what was once an eye socket). There are several large burnt gashes in the wall and door, along with a few blast pockets. He (looks like a middle-age man) is wearing a large dark cloak covering most of his body. The air around you seems to be thinning slightly but you can still breathe, though you are beginning to shiver.
Back to top Go down
TaraTheTaz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME   Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 3:11 pm

Noticing that the room is steadily growing colder, I grab the ball and then quickly see if the poor dead person had anything of interest before running out with any items of interest. Out in the halls, I will then investigate all of the items.

((Perception roll for searching the body for any interesting things and then running the heck out of the room, then whatever roll to figure out or identify the items, including the metal ball.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME   Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Wars - The Desolate Empire RP TEST GAME
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2